- KAL – Winding Journey Hat and Fingerless Mitts. Charity pattern ($6.00) with all proceeds going to the Northern Utah Autism Program. Starts February 18 and goes to March 31.
- Winding Journey, for the KAL – using KP Andean Treasure in Embers Heather and US 1 and 3. I’m through 2 repeats of the pattern on the hat. I’m knitting size S.
- SImple Skyp Socks, by Adrienne Ku. Berroco Sox Metallic in #1381. US 0. I started the toe prematurely so I had to rip back a bit, but am so close to finishing! Can’t wait to wear new socks (although the color is pretty hideous)!!
- Valentine’s Gift – 2 skeins of Patons Kroy Sock yarn in the Blue Striped Ragg colorway. 75% washable wool / 25% nylon. 166 yds / 50 grams.
- Piano bench recovered – some fabric, some batting and some hot glue!
- Shorts and shirt for the Bert doll – using McCall’s 4338.
- The No Good Shirt for Ben – Simplicity 4760 – so many problems with this one…it’s going straight to the trash!
- Plaid Camp Shirt for Ben – Ottobre 03/2001/#21 – this one worked out pretty well. There are some areas that need fixing on the next shirt but it is good enough for now.
- Spring Jacket for Me! – Simplicity 2153 – Part of my Valentine’s gift. Some areas are not so great, but in general I’m really happy with this so far. Especially the contrasting bias binding on the seams!
- Fabrics and Dress by Lucy Rathbone and Elizabeth Tarpley. This is a textbook for a home economics sewing class from 1948!
- Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde. Silly, and goofy while at the same time a really fascinating story about a society where the colors you can see determines your value in society.